Escaping Flatland: Reckless Abandonement

« Home | Cowboys and Indians » | How to make money » | The poetry of Donald Rumsfeld » | Simple pleasures of corporate life » | Seattle Trip » | IMMinent Disaster » | Heartfelt, mindless thoughts » | Lunch, anyone? » | Tall, Grande, or Venti » | 21 Grams »·

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Reckless Abandonement

I'm back! After a hiatus of 17 months, I am now reclaiming this blog.

A lot has happened in this time. I changed my job, moved to a new city, bought a condo, fell into a relationship, fell out of it, made a gazillion friends, went to India and back, and traveled nearly every week.

Why did I do all this? I had a steady, sinecurist job in Pittsburgh, a nice apartment, an easygoing lifestyle (swimming, cycling, photography). But all my friends had left town a long time ago, I wasn't learning as much on the job, and I had just broken up with my girlfriend. Edward Dahlberg once said: "When one realizes that his life is worthless he either commits suicide or travels".

I traveled.

Search Blog

About me

The usual
The unusual
My Photoblog
My Amazon Wishlist

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Suvir.

Background

London Eye, from a recent trip to Europe


MyBlogLog