Escaping Flatland: Lunch, anyone?

« Home | Tall, Grande, or Venti » | 21 Grams » | In America » | Phir bhi dil hai Hindustani... » | Rishte mein to ham tumhare baap lagte hain... » | The Day After » | Sounds of Silence » | About Me »·

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Lunch, anyone?

I ate lunch alone today. It was already 12PM, and most people I normally eat lunch with had left.

There are many cliques in office, and I try to spread my time between them. Since there are only 2 Indians in office (and one is the CEO), I don’t have much of an Indian clique to belong to. There’s the WAPS (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) Manager’s clique, the “cool-people-in-the-trenches” clique, the “nerdy-engineer” clique, the “nose-in-the-air-executive” clique. Other than the executive clique, I go to lunch with most others.

But belonging to so many groups means I belong to none. They can all leave for lunch without me. No commitment. The price of "freedom"...

Search Blog

About me

The usual
The unusual
My Photoblog
My Amazon Wishlist

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Suvir.

Background

London Eye, from a recent trip to Europe


MyBlogLog