Escaping Flatland: About Me

« Home·

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

About Me

Who: Single Male heterosexual of Indian origin.

Full name: If you don’t know it already, you’re not getting it. Stalkers are exhausting.

Where: Currently in Midtown Atlanta GA USA.

Dates and places: Hmmm. Born in Old Delhi. Grew up in Roop Nagar, near Delhi University. Stayed home until I was 22, so there goes 1973-95. 1996-97, Lucknow for B School. 1997-98, Bombay, working my ass off. 1999, Delhi, waiting for admission results, then Pittsburgh, off to grad school. 1999-2004, Pittsburgh. 2005, Atlanta.

Birthday: Virgo, 1973.

Bad Habits: Sadly, few. Non-smoker, teetotaler, vegetarian. Not even tea or coffee. The epitome of abstinence. The blue-eyed boy of unclejis and auntyjis.

Favourite things to do: Read…extensively and at length. Photograph. Sit with friends and have long, often meaningless (but oh-so-profound!) conversations, while everyone but me is drunk. Go on long drives at night. But always return.

What I was (and what I am):
I was a resident of Delhi, India (Now I live in Atlanta, Georgia, USA)
I was in a joint family a.k.a. extended family (Now I live alone)
I was an FOB* (Now I’m an NRI).

What I am (and what I want to be) :
I am 31 (aspiring male sex-in-the-city actor)
I am single (almost all my friends are married, with kids to boot)
I am an H1B (the Card is Greener on the other side)

* There ought to be a separate social class for immigrants who “aren’t quite there yet”. We’re not ABCDs (that’s a title conferred by birth only). And we’re not FOBs (after six years in the US, one is not that “fresh”). We’re beyond the ‘I must convert this to rupees before I consider buying it’ stage, but not quite at the ‘I must put more money in my 401K’ stage. Neither camp would fully embrace us.

Search Blog

About me

The usual
The unusual
My Photoblog
My Amazon Wishlist

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Suvir.

Recent posts

Background

London Eye, from a recent trip to Europe


MyBlogLog