Escaping Flatland: Sounds of Silence

« Home | About Me »·

Saturday, January 10, 2004

Sounds of Silence

There is silence between us.

An awkward silence. A gloomy silence. A silence I want to annihilate but don’t have the heart to.

The silence is full of possibilities. A happiness that could have been. A love one hoped for. A stability one longs.

I was torn before. The Path of Heart and the Path of Mind parted, and a storm of ambivalence and hesitation made it hard to see.

Now, a calm. It’s done. But not for her.

Her agony has just begun. But I cannot console her. My consolation would hurt her more. So I sit in silence.

She had seen it coming. There was time to prepare. Storms are visible from afar when one knows the terrain.

But she must endure. When one wishes to enjoy the gentle breeze, one exposes oneself to the capricious storm. So she sits in silence.

We steal a few final moments, picture what could have been, hope & wish, unspoken. We feel, then let go.

Mumbled goodbyes.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

There was silence between us.

A coy silence. An enamoured silence. A fleeting silence I would have frozen if I could.

The silence was full of possibilities. The promise of the Future. Of Hope and Dreams. Love and Togetherness. Desire and Passion.

It was visceral.

Like laying on a hammock by the fireside under the full moon at a Hawaiian beach on a breezy summer night.

Or strumming a guitar watching the crimson sunset riding a gondola on a lazy canal in a corner of Venice.

I could live my life in that silence. Breathe it. Smell it. Stick it in a frying pan and eat it. And it would be delicious. So I sat in silence.

Words were unnecessary to express her feelings. A sly glance, a tantalizing gesture, an enticing pheromone. Those were her weapons. So she sat in silence.

We enjoy a few last moments, picture what Is, hope and wish, unspoken. We feel, then grasp firmly.

Reluctant goodbyes.

Search Blog

About me

The usual
The unusual
My Photoblog
My Amazon Wishlist

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Suvir.

Recent posts

Background

London Eye, from a recent trip to Europe


MyBlogLog